News and events
Climate change news and events from around government.
- New Zealand on track to meet Kyoto commitments — 12 April 2013
Climate Change Minister Tim Groser today welcomed New Zealand’s Greenhouse Gas Inventory and Net Position which show we are on track to meet our Kyoto commitments.
- Groser to visit Europe — 14 January 2013
Trade and Climate Change Issues Minister Tim Groser will depart for Europe today to attend international trade and climate change meetings.
- Regulations banning the use of certain international units in the ETS — 17 December 2012
Climate Change Minister Tim Groser has announced that the following international emission units are banned from surrender in the Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) due to concerns over their environmental integrity (effective 18 December 2012).
- Units lacking environmental integrity to be banned — 17 December 2012
Climate Change Minister Tim Groser today announced that the Government is banning some international emissions units from New Zealand’s Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) due to concerns over their environmental integrity.
- Access to Kyoto carbon markets from 1 January 2013 — 11 December 2012
The Registrar of the NZ Emission Unit Register has assured all users that New Zealand will continue to have access to the existing Kyoto carbon markets after 1 January 2013.
- Groser welcomes assurance on access to Kyoto Carbon Markets — 11 December 2012
Minister for Climate Change Issues Tim Groser has welcomed the assurance of the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) regarding future access to existing Kyoto carbon markets after 1 January 2013.
- Doha Climate Conference – Looking to the Long Term — 9 December 2012
Minister for Climate Change Issues Tim Groser and Associate Minister Simon Bridges have been leading the New Zealand delegation at the annual Climate Change Ministerial meeting in Doha, Qatar.
- New Zealand National Statement to UNFCCC Conference of the Parties (COP18) — 5 December 2012
Mr President, Excellencies, ladies and gentlemen.
I would like to acknowledge the Government and people of Qatar, and thank them for generously hosting our discussions over these two weeks.
- Groser to attend climate talks in Qatar — 30 November 2012
Climate Change Minister Tim Groser departs tomorrow for the 18th ministerial climate change conference to be held in Doha, Qatar under the UN Convention on Climate Change.